Wednesday, May 18, 2011

At the edge of the continent

So it has begun! Our adventure began this morning at a lovely 3am, and now we are relaxing at the hotel in San Francisco. It was a good day, although a long day, and we may have tried to walk Joe's mom to death. Inadvertently.
Our flight took off at 7:30 am. We were able to cash in every airline mile, frequent flier point, and Piggly Wiggly Greenbax we had to get 3 sweet first class seats. So the flight takes off, I am flipping through the Sky Mall magazine, and I see the flight attendant bring a guy two seats ahead of me a Budweiser. In a can! My first thought, um, it is 7:30am!; my second thought, Dad, is that you? (Just kidding! Love you, Dad!)
Beyond that it was an uneventful flight (and my mom-in-law can never go back to coach! Ha!) By the time we got checked in, took the shuttle to the subway and got downtown, we were all starving and basically ran into the first restaurant we found. Good little Chinese restaurant; we had dumplings, and basil chicken fried rice, and these pan fried noodles with seafood. The noodles were crunchy (unexpected) with a thick white sauce; different but yummy.
Pan fried noodles, what's not to love?

 We decided to  head down to the Wharf area and walk around some, which ended up being a lot, which ended up almost ending Joe's mom's trip as soon as it began. We took the trolley back, so crisis averted. It was a lot of walking, but hey, we will be sitting for 13 hours tomorrow, so it all evens out...
See, she is fine!

Tomorrow, on to Seoul!  

4 comments:

  1. whoa-hoah....FIRST-class, eh? Was that just from the East Coast to San Francisco, or will that be ALL the way to KOREA?! Wow. Enjoy...
    Looking forward to all that's to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Piggly Wiggly Greenbax! How I remember hoarding those bad boys and cashing them in. Getting those booklets and licking enough toxic glue off those green stamps to keep me from reading at a first grade level... Good times! I don't think we would have had any of our "fine china" and fancy household appliances like an "Iron" or "quesadilla maker" without those good old Pig Stamps. I am hoping mom leaves me that sweet dish set in her will!!
    You know that you were just jealous that Joe would have given you the stink-eye if you ordered that bottle of Pinot Grigio you were wanting, Ro-Mandy! Don't hate on the Bud man, he was just "doin' him".
    Glad you had a good time in SF and that you didn't kill your mother-in-law. I love the crossbody purse you have. I got one of those for our cruise and it is so much better than a regular purse. I don't particularly like to exert effort so it's nice when I can just hang things off my body instead of having to do something strenuous like holding and grabbing. Ick! No thank you!
    Ok, my fingers are tired, I need to go lie down... Until the next entry! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a gap between you and your mother-in-law!!! jbs... lol 이제 한국에 도착했겠네요. 그런데 Joe는 어디에 있어요? 사진에서 빠졌네요... ㅎㅎ

    ReplyDelete