Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The palace and the meeting

It is almost midnight and I missed my sleep window and feel I now have my second wind, unfortunately. We are packed and ready to start our tour package tomorrow, early.
But today we accomplished a few last things on our to do/see list in Seoul. We toured the Changdeok Palace. It is right in the middle of the city; you walk in and everything becomes quiet and slows down. It sort of made me sad, I don't know, so empty and still. 

Then we moved on to Insadong. It is a big tourist area for Korean artists, selling Korean souvenirs and such (although according to Mom-in-law it is all made in China anyway). Still, cute stuff and we enjoy looking around.  Stop for lunch and have Soondubu jiigae, hot tofu soup. Yum!
A bubbling cauldron of spicy goodness.

 As we are leaving the restaurant, the waitress comes over and asks me if I am an actress! Ha! So we laugh and say no, and she says, you look like...Paris Hilton. Wha??? Americans all look the same to them, apparently. 

We (finally!) got to a meeting tonight. The Kingdom Hall was a room on the third floor of a building. About 75 in attendance. We tried our best to have conversation, we think they understood most of it.   
No matter where you go, friends.
Tomorrow, the tour!

1 comment:

  1. HA!! Well, hello there "Paris"...(hehehe)...so, would this make Joe "Jackie Chan?" (Every year, some of my students insist that I look like Jackie Chan, incidentally.) Did you recognize any buildings in Changdeok palace from Dae Jang Geum? (Evidently, some scenes were filmed there.) So glad you got to the meeting! And now, adieu to Seoul, and annyong to the Provinces...
    (Have you eaten 'beondegi' yet?)

    ReplyDelete