Friday, May 20, 2011

Time zone madness

We are here! In Seoul! And it is Saturday! I am not sure where all the time went.
But let's go back.
Thursday morning at 11 am we board the biggest plane I have ever seen. And this time we are in Business class. If you must spend the better half of a day sitting in one place, this is the place to be. They really think of everything to make you comfortable, and to make you forget you are hurtling through the air. (It looked like the kind of place you would get Incepted. Ha!) We get settled into our seats and the flight attendant comes by with glasses of champagne and before she can say “Would you like some...” I say yes and promptly procure one for myself and one for my mom-in-law. I begin to relax.
So, the flight takes off and my favorite thing is that they have all the window shades drawn. They feed us and then it is lights out. Like one big sleepover, everyone around us reclines their seats, pulls up their blankets, watches some tv and goes to sleep. After a big meal and two glasses of wine, I do too.
The lights stay off for most of the flight. Around hour 8 I think I had had enough sleep and was ready to eat again and wake up. We introduced my mom-in-law to our favorite Korean drama “Dae Jang Gum” and let her watch the first two episodes on the computer. She loved it of course!
We caught a tail wind or some such flight lingo, because we landed one hour early. Of this whole trip, the thing I was looking forward to least was the flight. And it was really good. It didn't feel like we spent all that time on the plane.
We land in Seoul at 2pm Friday.
On our way!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh--you're THERE!
    Enjoy!!
    And--S. and I just got your pkg in the mail today--WOW, whoa, KOMAPDA!!!...so cool--aju chota! (or something like that)...learn some happening youthful Korean slang and then come back and by our hanguk gurus, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 이 형제:여기 있어요! :)

    ReplyDelete